Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

For someone that has never been to Alaska, what do you guys think is the best place to work?

Views: 604

Replies to This Discussion

I got a job working at a fishing lodge just north of bristol bay. You can only get there by float plane, sooooo I guess I'm stuck there for the most part! Always wanted to go to Alaska so I am PUMPED! I also like how in other forums when people ask what its like working in a certain place you get some negative remarks. but none on here!
That's not saying that there are no negative points. It's just that, in most cases, the good out weighs the bad.
what fishing lodge are you going to be working for?
I am headed to Girdwood in August. Does anyone know if the Alyeska Resort is cool? I have time to decide Denali or Girdwood for a place to live and work. I am looking forward to the ski season? Any suggestions?
YES! The Alyeska Resort is really cool. You should have plenty of skiing opportunity there, and it's really close to Anchorage should you decide you want to go into the "big city". Save some money, and splurge at the Double Musky... one of the top restaurants in the country if not the world. Denali is also nice, but if you're a city girl, I would start with Girdwood, and Denali for a little more remoteness. :)
I've worked in Alaska for 4 seasons once in the arctic circle, once for copper river wilderness lodge, and twice for glacier bay I think they were all great each was completely different from each other. You go once and end up an addict.
I am headed up there in a week... I'll be working at the Salmon Bake bartending... Drop me a line if you're going to be in the area...

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service