Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Hello all,
Has anyone worked at the Basin Harbor Club in Vermont?

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't worked there yet...but I have accepted an offer to work there this summer...
Doing what? How did they contact you (phone, email, do you live near there)?
I'm just wondering when I might expect to start hearing back from resorts I've applied to if they start in April/May...
I'll be cooking in their casual restaurant...buffet breakfast and lunch. It fits best into my schedule, since I want to be done a little after Labor Day. First, I sent them an email of my resume, since their online application process wasn't up. A couple of days later I had received an email from the head chef telling me he really wanted to talk to me, but needed the formal application first. I printed one out and sent it in. It took a few days...I'm down in Arizona...he called and left me a message that he was checking my references. A few days later, we talked for about half an hour and he offered the job and I took it.

It probably depends on specific managers. I also have more than 20 years of cooking experience with some pretty good references. This will be my third summer seasonal job...the more you do, the more their willing to risk taking that expensive chance with you. Good luck, and maybe I'll see you this summer!

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service