Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I was wondering if someone could give me a better feel for the Homestead? I have no idea what to expect from there as far as rooms and such.

How difficult is it to arrange time to do things, and how often do you get a chance to get away? Also, I'm only getting 8 an hour, so how easily can you pay for recreational things (I don't know much about Alaska's economy so I'm trying to get a feel for it.)

Views: 290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Megan,

I used to work for Princess in their HR department in Seattle until a year ago when I joined the coolest company, Cool Works.

Princess Homestead is a HUGE building created with Atco trailers located in Healy, Alaska. There is a bar, EDR (employee dining room), games room, computer area, etc., etc. There is a volleyball court outside and picnic tables.

My understanding is that there is a consistent shuttle down to the lodge and the town of Denali National Park.

I can't speak to the prices specifically, but typically Alaska is going to be more expensive than the lower 48 because of its remoteness. You'll probably be able to get "comps" on various tours or at least a discounted rate. And hey, you're next to some amazing trails and that won't cost you anything. : )

Have fun!

Kari
The bus goes until late... no worries on transportation. If you need xtra $$$, try getting a second p/t position as the Russian students do. Also, waitressing or bartending are just about the only way to make real $$$. Those jobs are easily attained because of turnover rate. Busser is a good way to get into those positions if you are inexperienced... If you have any more questions, just let me know :0)

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service