Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Hey everyone! I see a lot of people are going to Denali and/or Princess. Is anyone going to work in Glacier Bay National park this summer? I feel all alone.

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I have an offer from the Park Service @ Glacier Bay which I am considering. They wanted me to work for ~5 months which is a bit long, so I countered with 3 months and will see what happens. I'd be running the shuttle boat from park HQ, near the lodge, taking rangers to/from the cruise ships. I should find out by the end of next week (3/28) if they still want me. I've checked out Glacier Bay on the net and talked to a few people who have been there. One thing interesting I found is that it cost about $110 round trip for a flight from Gustavus to Juneau via air taxi if you need exposure to civilization; otherwise the lodge, park HQ and the little community of Gustavus (pop.400 & ~9 miles away on te only paved road) is about it, not counting the ice and wildlife.

Joey H.
I kind of wish I were, but sailing is this summer's goal. I was a fisherman not too far from Glacier (out of Juneau) last summer though. From what I have seen, there should be no regrets.
Imagine seeing eagles so often that in time you barely notice them. If you want to fish, you will be near the best.... Wildlife abounds as do mountains. It will be remote and expensive, but not completely isolated. I would bring rechargable batteries if you use them because it will cost much less that buying new ones. A good camera would be good also....
If you happen to drop off in Juneau, say Hi to the captain of F/V Butt Ugly (his fishing vessel, in my photos on this site)... ask him for a Sockeye Salmon if you want a heavenly dinner. :0) cheers, Scott
hi sarah fisrt congrats too you i was in denali 07 at the chalets as a waiter now i,ll be in yellowstone i live in coos bay or rite now until april 24th then i,m gone glacier is pretty lonely place kep yur self busy really i believe they get a lot of returnees but you never knoe that place is [isolated i had a chance too work there but dont have the funds too get there oh well so i,m stayin close too my son in the lower 48,s reply back if you want ps take care cute red head and be safe what will u be doin there.heads up till later ps cool photos of the snake i was in jll 03 babe as awaiter at the mural room. caio .

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2018   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service