Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

God, can someone please help me!!! So I bought a new Laptop to take to Alaska tonight. And so I need to put all the stuff on my ipod onto it, however I can not find the "right" program that will let me copy ALL of the files. I have found a bunch of programs, but they only let you do 15, or 30 transfers. Please stop the madness, and tell me what to use? Also, never buy an ipod as they are the devil it seems. For the record, I didnt buy this one it was a gift.

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Should have bought a Mac, much friendlier, seamless transfer. Sorry buddy, don't know why you are having such problems you should be able to just drag all the files across!
There's a program called Senuti (iTunes spelled backwards) you can download for free online. That will allow you to reload your music into Senuti from your iPod...I know that works for Macs but I'm not sure about PCs. Apple ought to rule the world.
Try Music Rescue, which has always worked for me in the past. It's nagware, so you will have to click through a few obnoxious messages, but there are no limits to the number of files you can copy. iTunes will let you copy over files you got from the iTunes store, but not anything else.

Alternately you can just copy all the files over from the iPod manually. Have fun re-naming everything...

Whatever you do, don't tell iTunes to sync your iPod with the new computer until after you've copied all the songs off of it.
Sean, thanks for the response. I actually found that program a few days ago and used it with success. Your right about it being nagware, have to click a box every 50 songs you transfer and with 145 gigs of music it took forever!!!! But it's all done now and I have all my music on my new computer. Hope I never have to do that again!

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service