Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

hi folks...im a newbie to the site,I'm wondering if anyone has some links to jobs for campground hosts? I have a motorhome. I'm in wisconsin but anywhere is fine. Thanks! :)
Heidi

Views: 5133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My wife and myself are very interested in a campground host position beginning after the first of the year. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks, Bob and Sheila Luke
workamper.com has a lot of host jobs. so does koa.com but both sites you must pay a small fee to see what is open.
Hello Heidi: First of all, don't pay to "join" site that is going to give you info that you can access yourself. If you're interested in California, have a look at this site:

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=886

I had a paid position with them last summer but I met many camp hosts at various CA parks. They were having a great time. Check it out. Jim
Alot of camphost jobs are volunteer positions. I was a camphost on Lake Texoma (state park in TX.) in 2006- was great job! Volunteers were required to work 24 hours a week with free hook-ups. It's a great job and you have time to work a P/T job in town if you want/need. Volunteer.gov is where I found that job- hundreds listed on that website. Good Luck- Julie
I have Georgia on my mind. Any suggestions for camp host positions?
Heidi,

Spring Lake Nature Park in Streator, IL is looking for campground hosts. Two positions are open for someone over 21, with insurance, able to pass a background check, and having a hardtop camper and own camping equipment. A minimum stay of 30 days is requested although some stay all summer, from April 15 through November 1st. Camping is free in exchange for hosting.

If interested, send e-mail to laguyon2@yahoo.com

Lois
Seems discriminatory to require a "hard top camper" don't you think? Why not a "pop top" or even a tent?
Don't forget to keep an eye on our Older & Bolder page! http://www.coolworks.com/older-bolder/
Hi, I am an area manager for a concessionier that runs campgrounds. Try American Land & Leisure, Recreation Resource Management, both pay you to work at campgrounds, and both have websites. Also try happyvagabonds or workers on wheels websites. Most all states have a volunteer program, that's how we got started, our first volunteer position was in Key Largo. Just check the state parks for whichever state you are interested in, most all have volunteer pages. You can also check volunteer jobs in state and national forests. Hope this helps.
Pappy

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service