hi folks...im a newbie to the site,I'm wondering if anyone has some links to jobs for campground hosts? I have a motorhome. I'm in wisconsin but anywhere is fine. Thanks! :)
Heidi

Views: 4134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heidi: Google workcamping and youll get a bunch of sites that will lead you that way. Also a site called campworkers.com can also help you out as well. Places all over the states that you can go to. Good luck in your search.
The best place that I have found for campground host type jobs is workamper.com. You have to pay for their service, and it almost completely host jobs. We aren't really looking for campground host jobs, so the subscription was kind of a loss for us. The jobs on coolworks.com suit us way better! Good luck!
Look for the employers who also run the campgrounds for the national parks, Corp or Engineers, State Parks... GTLC does have three campgrounds where we hire for campground hosts.. you have to be early on applying though.. around January or February to be selected... I think Yellowstone also has them...
hello everyone , im looking to work in a camp host andcamp ground job are inkeepers plus more i dont havea motorhome but willing to work with someone that can rent to own one anywhere usa
thx
Check out Little Grassy Campground and Marina in Southern Illinois. There are vacancies they are filling for a campground host.
i cannot find them on a il state site to apply ;O
you can email land4learning@yahoo.com to find out info on how to apply. We are in the process of getting a website up which will allow you to apply online.
koa has a nation wide host program. I dont have any details tho
KOA's site is work@koa.com Each campground in the KOA system lists their jobs there as they come up, so you have to check the site often. We worked at a KOA in Florida and one in Georgia. We enjoyed both. Each campground has their own program, it is not like the same pay or same compensation at every one of them.

Look at http://happyvagabonds.com/ We found a job in Pennsylvania using that site.

If you want a volunteer campground host job, look at: http://www.volunteer.gov/gov/

For Workamper News, a magazine that lists campground jobs all over the US, Canada and Mexico, go here: http://www.workamper.com/ They do charge a fee for the magazine subscription, but if you are interested in working in campgrounds it is worth the money. We have found several jobs in Georgia, Texas, Virginia, and Kansas using that resource. They do list some jobs that are not in campgrounds, but most jobs are campground related, and require that you have an RV to live in. Again, not all of the offer the same compensation so read the ads and ask a LOT of questions when interviewing with them to make sure you know what you are getting in compensation.

Good luck!
I'd like to know the same! Thanks!

Denise
workkamper has a website that is for exactly this. it does cost something, but from what I hear, it's well worth it.
There are campground host positions available in the Osceola National Forest. Greeting visitors and campers and providing them with information, assisting with camper registration, and assisting in the maintenance and upkeep of campground sites and facilities, some mowing, cleaning restrooms, trash collection and open/close entrance gate. Schedules are flexible and include between 25 - 30 hours per week. The camp host position includes a paved campsite with electric, sewer, and water hookups. The host RV sites are located in Ocean Pond Campground or Olustee Beach Day Use Area.

Immediate openings for hosts and volunteers, Filling positions now Sept 2009 through fall 2010.

Please contact Debra Stucki - Recreational Program Manager - US Forest Service Osceola National Forest.

Osceola Ranger District
24874 US Highway 90
OLustee, FL 32072
(386) 752-2577

ask for Debra

RSS

© 2014   Created by Cool Works tm.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service