Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I am suppose to work at the GC south rim this fall, as a busboy in one of the restaurants. Is it busy then? Are the dorms really that bad? I am traveling a far distance--from New Jersey--I'm just looking to explore...

Views: 204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I worked at the South Rim in summer 2007 and can honestly say that it was the best summer of my life. I agree with Brendan - what your experience is gonna be like depends on your perspective. I also worked at El Tovar - as a server. It was a fantastic job, not only because it was well-paid, but especially because of all the great people I worked with. I was happy with lodging, too - unlike some people who might have had bad experience from dorms. I was living in Maswik cabins, in one of the newer ones, and except for one annoying ,,pet'' that enjoyed living with me and my roommate, we didn't have any problems. And even though Xanterra is not the best company to work for, I still enjoyed my work experience and would definitely come back - if I weren't always up for something new..:)
Maswik cabins how did you get in those? Did you have to pay extra to live in the cabins?
No, I didn't have to pay extra. I guess I was just lucky to get there :)

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service