Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Has anyone travelled the states with little to no money but still been able to experience it all. Please clue me in!

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is an interesting question. I think I'd like to see a response also. I've been wondering this myself. Does anyone know if this is possible, and/or has done this?
No money? Sounds very dangerous. That would involve a lot of hitching and begging. You'd be able to get around until someone found a Jane Doe. You still would miss anything that had a price tag for admission.

"Little" is one of those words that vary person to person. There are ways to cut back. Stay in hostels that accept people from the US...probably not locals, though. This month I'm staying in Boston, New York, San Francisco, and LA...I think the most I'm paying is $30/night. Camp in non-cities. Find food deals. Look up discount day admissions. And there are many free areas or placs that do not charge much. Find day of/half price tickets for shows.

The cheapest way to travel right now seems to be flying major airport to major airport. Greyhound used to have deep discounts for buying ahead of time, but they have eliminated them for the time being. Train prices have gone up a little, too...but it is my favorite mode. Finding people willing to split the driving time and costs is favorable, but driving yourself is probably the most expensive.
Hey Gabryanna,
Check out our pals Katja and Augustas. They've been traveling through Central and South America since January 2006, and their budget is $10 per day.
http://www.followtheroad.com/en/
i know you sent this last year but thank you soooooooo sooooo much for sharing that link.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service