Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

has anyone worked in vail? lived in employee housing ? or can offer a first time seasonal worker to vail, any advice. coming from ohio..housing iin river run apartment close to vail.

thanks

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i worked two seasons in vail at the sonnenalp. they have employee housing right accross the street from the village and it's fairly affordable. they take rent right out of your check and you need nothing up front to move in. i think river run is in avon but i'm not sure. that's about 10 min. from vail.
Josh, the old Bully Ranch MGR? If so, what are you up to this Winter?
just wondering if worth coming from ohio for
Cat...

I also worked and lived in Vail for a season at the Sonnenalp. I don't know who you'll be working for and what you'll be doing, but this should definitely factor in your decision. Honestly, I went there to advance my career, have fun, and make money. I did all of these and left Vail for a management position in Aspen after 4 months. So, for me it was worth it. Advice...dining out, even going out to the bars, is expensive, and the exhuberent amount of money you first see might shock you. There are A LOT of Internationals, mostly South Americans, some Aussies, some Europeans (Germans, Brits). They are here, (for the most part) to ski and party and then make money, unlike in the National Parks where they are there to soley make cash. Of course, there's always exceptions. And it's a fun town. What blew me away was how friendly everyone was, workers and the locals. I'd go for it! I may be heading back myself.
thanks so much for advice i just was wondering if it was worth it I am suppose to work at two elk resturant in vail at top of mountain. I wanted to live in river run because the hiring people told me that timberidge was party place and I had read about mold problems..i'm 30 not a big partier and want to make money meet new people and advance.. thinking about spring summer seasonal as well any suggestions? As you guessed I am a cook
Timberidge IS party central for Internationals, younger kids taking a break from life/just graduated. It's off of I-70 and looks like the "Vail ghetto." (LOL). Anyway, I'm not sure what type of cook you are, what certifications or expereince your have, but the only other ski resort with more fine dining options is Aspen. I'm not in F&B, but if you're a good, even decent cook, with experience you'll have no problem finding a job, at least in season. The problem usually is finding affordable housing, but you seem to have this taken care of. G'luck!

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service