Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I am moving to AK for the winter after I leave Yellowstone in October and was wondering who will be up there for the winter and the best places to work during the winter. 

Views: 472

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

where will you be moving to in AK?  I know alyeska in girdwood has many jobs in the winter.  also chena hot springs resort just outside fairbanks does good business in the winter. As you may have guessed ak winters can be very cold and of course less sunlight in the winter.  but if you bundle up there is a lot of outdoor fun to be had.

Girdwood is a great spot to pick up a winter season.

I am going to be in the Anchorage area. I am applying at Alyeska. 

If you move up here in the winter, make sure to have as much $$$ stashed away as possible. It can be rough finding work at that time... and housing is not cheap. There are "winter community" hostels that are relatively cheap to live in...  If you are in the restaurant industry (as I am) be aware you have to be 21 to be a server or tend bar. Take a look at Alyeska Ski Resort, about 35-40 miles south of Anchorage. It has housing and Girdwood, the town it is located in, is an awesome town. A lot of fun....  Whatever you do, be prepared with $$$.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service