Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Hi All,

Am really enjoying and learning a lot from this CoolWorks site.  I am considering seasonal work - this year if it works out, but lots of questions.  What did those of you who had houses do with yours while you were gone?  What about health insurance?  I'm widowed, mid-50's, working full-time right now, but don't have to.  Planning a trip to AK this summer, but really considering going the seasonal work route.  Suggestions on picking a first experience?

Views: 1396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I did my first paid job end of the season at Yellowstone.  They do look for people just the last 2 months to fill in for those that leave early.  I worked at the Campground and have left my house for sale and will be living in my RV.  I have neighbors that watch it and am waiting for my buyer to sell their farm.

Health insurance should cover you somewhat out of state for emergencies.  Yellowstone has a clinic that you pay an extremely small amount for out of your check for minor things if you need them. If you have chronic conditions I would talk to your insurance company in detail. 

I am 60 and prior to this short try at Yellowstone only did winter volunteer assignments. Good Luck

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service