Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Does anyone know if you can get cellular phone service in Gardiner? If not, what are the options? I'm guessing my onstar phone is one and email another...any other options?

Views: 669

Replies to This Discussion

verizon is awesome there. 

Gardiner has pretty decent cellular service for both technologies, so you shouldn't have a problem at all if you're using none of the major carriers.

I found it to work very well.  I have t-mobile I worked in Mammoth, and would have to drive down to Gardiner to get my messages...It's better than alot of the spots between Gardiner and Bozeman

I have AT&T and last time we visited my husband had T-Mobile. 

We stayed at Mammoth and I recall neither of us had service at the hotel. We started a bike ride up the old entrance road and about half-way up the hill, texts started coming in on my phone. It was spotty, but there. The service was coming from Gardiner. In Gardiner proper we both had service.

I went and got a tracfone at Wal Mart soon after getting to YNP.  that way, if someone really needed me, they could either text (30 sec) or quick call me and I could get back to them later on the Tmobile down in Gardiner.  since I had a car, I went down to the Hot springs daily, and would then just go down to Gardiner as well.  I only had to go right down near the park entrance and I would get service.  That's cool that someone could walk up the old road and get service.  You can see a cel tower from the EDR, up on the hill.  I guess it just doesn't link up to t-mobile....

The tower at Mammoth is owned by Verizon, so only phones using the CDMA technology work well in that area.  T-Mobile uses the same technology AT&T does (GSM, T-Mobile roams on AT&T's network in many places)), so you have a really hard time getting a good cell signal in the Mammoth area. If you walk/drive up the old Gardiner Road, you'll usually be able to get signal from one of the towers in the Gardiner area.

If you are still choosing, choose Verizon-best access all over the Park----still no access in a few places tho

I have AT&T. I have had it for more than 10 yrs. I hope that is not a problem.

Debra,

There is a guy in the Facebook 2013 YNP group that has AT&T and works in Mammoth now. His AT&T phone works there (O talk to him from time to time) and it works in his summer location at the Lake....

Sincerely,

Leo

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service