Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Hi folks!
I have several questions on how to start my new journey.
I'm fortunate to still be employed while many are not.
Unfortunatly I'm a graphic designer in newspaper industry. You might say it's a dead end job.
I'm almost at the point of selling my home purchasing a used Airstream and becoming a seasonal worker and never looking back.

Have any of you made this kind of leap? If so, how did you get started.
Do you have regrets? Can one survive as a seasonal employee? I'm looking for any advice.

Thanks!
Mark

Views: 658

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got a po box in south dakota... no taxes  for registration of vehicle and camper

insurance with gieco...

triple A

cost depends on your drivin record

Hello,

We use Gieco at $50 per month for 2004 Dodge Durango and 2000 Forest River Travel trailer

We also use Coachnet for roadside hazard, 130 per year. Cost depends on age, driving record and age of vechile. 

Thanks for the insurance info Jackie & karin.
 Ncl will pay for youre flight to sign on.If you need a taxi to meet the ship. pay the driver and ask for a reciept. The purser will pay you back in cash! ship life isnt for everyone, some crew will jump while in port which causes problems in all departments on board!I worked on all three ships as a stateroom stewardess for 2 whole rotaions....  once you have signed on with HR In any department, crew will check in to cabins,some times you have up to 4 cabin mates. Need to pass a written safety test while on board, you get 3 chances if you dont pass with at least 40 questions right, you will be disembarked before the ship gets under way.  Some of the restaurant department used to get at least one whole day off. The Hotel Department crew used to never get one at all....... We lost 2 ships to international waters in 2007 not sure weather The Aloha or Hawaii are back in American waters. so I never signed on for my third rotation. Keep youre cabin clean or you cant disembark until its cleaned. Dont miss the ship!
I looked at it as a vacation while working. And had fun while on the clock.

Hello Mark,

I am actually in the same position you are and considering doing the same thing.  Keep me posted on how things are going and what you are learning.

Dennis

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service