Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

My friend would like to know about the drug testing in Yellowstone. is there any pre-employment drug screening?

Views: 407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah...They like to test hair. You might want to shave it off.
ALL of it.
why u worrying about drug testing anyway u got something to hide
yep round 2 people should no not to ask that question on here if they ask that it means u do it
OK so I already read the long discussion that was held earlier.... I think it boiled down to be prepared for a urine test - that's it.
I think if your name is Marley it shouldn't be a suprise if your test comes back positive. lol
drug testing is open for all employees
They don't usually do pre-employment drug testing but they do do random drug testing as part of their drug and alcohol policy. If you test positive you are terminated and if you get into any sort of alcohol problem that involves the Park Ranger than you are also terminated.
this is so funny cause i am the one who started the first post about yellowstone drug testing, and i never expected it to get that crazy!! but i ended up working there, and my friends were all scared to be tested and they never did. I did hear about some testing though, random as all hell. but you give consent to a saliva test and that is it. so just gargle with listerine and you are fine!!
good luck and don't worry, just don't be stupid and smoke near the dorms
Thanks man!
Hee-hee...

Here's the deal on drug testing in YNP. I got drug tested this winter. My name came up on a random pulling of names off the list of each and every employee working that day in the park. If your name gets drawn, you get pulled immediately and tested. Period.

If you really need to bring drugs onto federal property, go work somewhere else and don't take a chance of being thrown into Federal Prison...no parol, no early release. It's a zero-tolerance zone in YNP. Xanterra enforces it along with the YNP rangers...and their drug-sniffing dogs that come into your room without notice.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service