Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Has anyone worked at East Glacier?  What's good and what is bad about working there?  Some of the comments that I have read in earlier discussions about working in Glacier do not seem to be positive.

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would switch to Many Glacier ASAP. Many Glacier Hotel is by far the best place to work/live in GNP, as far as working for GPI goes.
I worked at Lake McDonald last year and loved it. We had to send one of our security guards to Many Glacier because they were so rowdy and from what I understand (from speaking with employees) the indians around East Glacier are really racist and it's dangerous to go to certain parts of the area alone. Like I said, that's what I was told by several employees and ex-employees.
I worked at East Glacier in the past. Although I didn't work for the park itself, I worked across the street at The Villager Inn. I agree that the little town of East Glacier is a little rough, and the "locals" don't care too much for the workers. I would still work there. I was so beautiful and fun, there was great fishing, world class hiking, tons of animals, a little golf course. All kinds of fun places to explore. I just wouldn't go hang out in Browning or any of the bars there except the ones on property. I made the mistake of accepting a pool game at a bar with a couple of locals, as I was about to put away the 8 ball, the guy playing with me told me I should scratch unless I wanted to see a little trouble. I scratched and we left, never to go back there. Just be smart and respectful.
Thanks Darrek, Jon, and Rob. I wouldn't have thought of such issues with the local people. Good to know, and I really appreciate the information.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service