Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

This was taken at Mammoth Hot Springs in yellowstone in 2006. One of my favorite shots!
Since this site doesn't have a way for each group to have their own photo album, I thought it's be nice to post a pic or two now and then... comment or discuss if you'd like. I had a kodakeasy share digital camera 6 mp, at that time. it got some nice photos! I've since upgraded.

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

This moonlit night was great the clouds in the sky looked like waves. The stars in the background almost make it seem like there are two skies. One stationary and one mobile.
Attachments:
This is another favorite from Denali summer 2005.
Attachments:
Beautiful!
Great shot Silas. I love playing with star/moon and cloud pictures but haven't had much success at it yet. I'm hoping that this year, with the Sony717 which has the best long exposure settings of cameras, tripod, and the clear starry nights on the North Rim I will get lots of practice and some good shots.
Interesting! That is very cool.... How did you capture this?

I really love this photo it was taken in san angelo, tx. I caught the light just right. I only had the camera for an hour before I took the shot.
Nice shot Jeff. And so soon after getting the camera is lucky.

I love sunset and other interesting light pictures that have silhouettes, or other objects between camera and light source. My problem is whenever I get a nice sunset I either don't have the camera close by, or I'm totally surrounded by trees and buildings obscuring everything, or it's absolutely flat all the way to the horizon! Guess that's a downside to being in FL.
That is a great shot! Beautiful colors and great mood.....

"Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam...........home, home on the range"
This photo reminds me of that song. I took it in summer 2006 while on one of the awesome tours Xanterra does (Xanterra employees get them free on a space-available basis...at least they did in 2006-2008.)
Very "Little House on the Prairie"! I like how much sky you've got though, shame you couldn't have got one of the bison running at you! lol
Ha ha! And have a heart attack? I think not :) Those bison can run 30 mph when they decide to charge.

It was a spur-of-the-moment picture; I just quickly took it...didn't set anything up settings-wise or anything. Some of my best photos come that way.
This was taken with a kodak easy share as well. It was an indoor photo and I loved the way the light bounced from 30 stories above us.114_0352a.jpg

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service