Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

My wife and I have been offered jobs at the Old Faithful Lodge and are waiting for our contracts. We have  spent 7 days in a Yellowstone cabin each year for the past four years but this will be our first experience as employees. I believe we are going to be working in a kitchen but am not sure of the job title. We are both retired and looking forward to our summer adventure.

Views: 302

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Any tips and or thoughts that we need to be aware of or that will be helpful for us? We will be driving from Florida in early May.

Thanks,

Al

Way to go - Yellowstone as you know is amazing.  Enjoy your season and remember, there will be snow!

My first trip west of the Continental Divide occurred back in the late 70's and I was coming from Arkansas in late April/May.  Of course, Arkansas had flowers blooming, sun shining, warm temps and I thought it would be the same at Hill AFB.  Was I wrong! by the time I got to Colorado, I was freezing.  There was snow on the ground and all I had was flip flops and shorts.  Those blue toes and fingers told everyone around that we were new to the area.  LOL.  

Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons are still frozen the first weeks of May and it isn't unusual to get a snow storm in June.  Don't forget your winter gear.

Our first trip to Yellowstone in May 2006 took us from Cody, WY over the pass to Yellowstone. As Florida folks we did not consider that the pass might have been closed or unsafe. When we saw many feet of snow piled up on both sides of the road (and no other vehicles for quite some time) we were so thrilled that we stopped the car put our coats on and took pictures. Only later did we realize that that was probably not the smartest thing that we ever did. We also scheduled 4 hours out of our trip to see Yellowstone. We got stuck in bison traffic jams for a chunk of that 4 hours. Of course we went back the next year and spent a week and about 1000 miles mostly inside of Yellowstone and still did not see it all.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service