Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I was just offered a position as hostess at Flagg Ranch. However, I think I would prefer to work at Jackson Lake Lodge, but I can't be considered for a position there unless I officially decline the position I've been offered, and there's no guarantee I would get a position at JLL. 

Does anyone have any advice or info that would help me decide? The main thing I am wary about FR is that they have new management, so I don't know what it will be like given that there have been a lot of bad experiences in the past. Now that GTLC is running the ranch, do you think it will be more like it is down at JLL and the other resorts in that area? 

Any info about the general differences between the two areas? I also like that JLL is a little less remote and closer to Jackson. 

Any info would be helpful! I want to try to decide in the next day or two. 

Views: 247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jackson lake lodge is ok, they have a fairly nice pub, laundry, the housing is noisier that others that I've been in because of the thin, thin, very thin walls. Head phones are a must @ night. They have a shuttle that goes to Jackson daily. I imagine since they're running flag that there will be similar there too.

The dorms are very noisey at JLL, but FR is more remote. As of last fall, there was no Internet at Flagg. There is Internet at JLL, but can be slow.
The new GM at Flagg, Logan, has been at JLL for a few years. He is really awesome to work for/with.

I got offered a position at Flagg last summer but turned it down to work closer to the tetons. I would def go with Jackson Lake Lodge. Their staff of employees is huge and it is closer to jackson and the tetons. After reading a bunch of posts on here about Flagg ranch i decided not to work there. Jackson Lake seemed much nicer.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service