Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's all we need guns in the national parks now, boy scouts packing heat.
Honestly i think that it most likely wont be much different, since the gun laws in Montana and Wyoming are pretty open anyway. (at least for yellowstone) If they are doing this though, i think that it could be controlled by declaring them at the gate, so that if people/animals are harmed, they have an idea who to go after.
It says loaded guns, I think before though if you were traveling with a gun you could bring it in a national park but just not load it? Not sure though. Don't own a gun, don't plan to, and definatly don't agree.
thats what I thought also. the gun disassembled and unloaded in a NP.
I don't like this either, hope noone gets hurt right away.......40Rob
Are you serious?
I don't think this changes much. All it does is make the laws inside the park match those of the state where it is located. Those people that carry guns in their normal day-to-day activities probably still had them with them when they went anyways...especially in states like Alaska, Arizona, Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. It's not like you go through some airport-like security checks anytime you cross a border. It's just sometimes always in their cars, or in their bags.

I'm assuming rangers have always assumed people were carrying whenever they approach people in most situations. Federal buildings still will not allow them. I'm assuming businesses can "prohibit" them...but like before, if they're not doing patdowns and x-rays and metal detecting it would be a hard thing to enforce.

And, of course, they can and most likely will keep them out of employee housing.
I agree with Keith. I am in the process of getting my license right now, and was going to keep my gun in my car and on me during hikes as a safety measure. I've been charged by a grizzly bear twice, and I'm just waiting for the time that it ISNT a bluff charge, and the bear spray has no effect.
the law has always allowed weapons in the park if the weapon was disassembled. I myself have legaly had a couple in Yellowstone. The only changes are now it doesn't have to be taken apart and their has to be a concealed carry permit. As stated b4, the peeps that are allowed to carry weapons are responsible adults. Not just anyone. The laws about shooting animals are the same, Don't do it! It is in the U.S. constitution. We are just getting our rites back finaly
Ken, does this law apply when attacked by an animal and you are using your weapon as a last resort? Just curious.
The legal mess you would be in if you shot and killed an animal, just merely pulling it on an animal if someone saw you do it in a national park you would be better off letting the animal decide your fate.
Thank you, I thought the same thing Chefness. I'd imagine that if you can prove you tried other methods of evading the attack before shooting an animal, that you could avoid a legal battle.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service