Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

We are starting our third season, at Mesa Verde, we've worked at Yellowstone last year.This is our first year in Colo.They tell us great place for hikeing,and photos..Thanks!!

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jim

I visited Mesa Verde as a tourist last summer (August).   It is certainly an interesting place with regards to the ancient Pueblo people whose lives and achievements are highlighted there.   The one thing I took away was just how successful this society really was at it's height .... and the fact they were successful much longer than we have been around :-)   It is a high desert sort of terrain so quite a switch from Yellowstone.   I think you have the potential of having a great summer!

Richard aka aggie71

Hey Jim - havn't worked there but I'm a desert solitude rat and Mesa Verde is another Haven . Just like other parks most visitors tour the sites via auto so the backcountry is wide open . Hovenweep Nat'l Mon is just down the street along w/ Canyons of the Ancients .....and Valley of the Gods . Mesa Verde is 17 miles off the main drag and the shopping is the small town of Cortez . Durango isn't too far if your looking for nightlife and urban cowboys . The relative isolation of the Park allow for lots of peace & quiet - and the stargazing is fantastic because you're on top of the mesa , the few lights are far away and far below .
Worked there three years ago.
housing was very thin plywood, shared huts. Really lame,
But better than a tent. lots of deer in the hilly area of work,
Beautiful views. Some management cool, some lame,
All depends on you. It's corporate, and I prefer more
personability and privately owned gigs. I think Kelly Violet
is still HR there, and she seemed cool. But the housing
Was so ghetto/shanty.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service