Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

My girlfriend and I are heading to Ketchikan, AK end of March. We will be working for ACT (Alaska Coach and Tours). This company seems to have the best seasonal perks compared to others. The season does not start until May 26. We would have to be there almost two months earlier however, for the CDL training, as we did not opt to be trained in Utah. The company is a very small company compared to Princess but it is a little better (hopefully this is the right decision) as far as bonuses and travel allowance offered. ACT also offers housing but food is not included. Has anyone of you seasonal pros worked with ACT in Ketchikan before? As far as the housing, are the units decent? And far as the cost of living in that area, it is reasonably feasible to save a decent amount of money earning $10-12 an hour with $9/day rent for company housing (each person) at the end of the season, without sacrificing everyday necessities and occasional recreation? Any feedback will be great. Thanks.

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My friend and I are heading to Ketchikan, AK end of March. We will be working for ACT (Alaska Coach and Tours). This company seems to have the best seasonal perks compared to others. The season does not start until May 26. We would have to be there almost two months earlier however, for the CDL training, as we did not opt to be trained in Utah. The company is a very small company compared to Princess but it is a little better (hopefully this is the right decision) as far as bonuses and travel allowance offered. ACT also offers housing but food is not included. Has anyone of you seasonal pros worked with ACT in Ketchikan before? As far as the housing, are the units decent? And far as the cost of living in that area, it is reasonably feasible to save a decent amount of money earning $10-12 an hour with $9/day rent for company housing (each person) at the end of the season, without sacrificing everyday necessities and occasional recreation? Any feedback will be great. Thanks.

Hi John,

I was wondering how your season with ACT went?

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service