Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I have accepted a job in Juneau with the Alaskan Geographic Association from April 15 to October 15. I'm need of housing for this time period.  I would like a furnished studio, one bedroom or other accommodations with access to the internet. I'm also a photographer and writer.

I will have a car. All suggestions, welcome.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried looking on Craigslist and posting on there.  I have had good luc on there.

I 've looked at their  listings but haven't posted yet. What is a reasonable price for furnished studio or one bedroom?

I have a friend that lives there and she pays 700 a month for a bedroom in a house.  That includes all utilities and internet.  I looked at Juneau for awhile and have noticed that is about average for a room or studio, but that is also about as cheap as they get.  I have seen a few for about 650 but that did not include utilities.  Juneau is expensive all around.  I just spent a month there.  Gas, food, and housing are comparable to the bay area in California according to her.  She lived there for three years.  Good luck.

Do you happen to know who she rented from? I will be placing an add in the Juneau paper today. Also thanks for an idea for the rental costs this information is most helpful. 

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service