Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Hello Everyone!
   My husband and I were just hired on for the summer season in Denali Alaska.  We'll be working at McKinley Chalet Resort.  The housing they provide for 15.25 a day seems a little expensive.  It comes out to about 830.00 a month for two people.   This would be fine if we were being paid good wages but they are barely above minimum wage... 

Does anyone know of any other housing options in the denali area? We will have our own vehicle for traveling to work and such.  We are even willing to camp as long as we have access to showers :P   Any Ideas?

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah includes the meals
I guess i'm spoiled then, the only other resort i've worked at in Alaska paid more per hour and the housing and food was free....
Where was that?
Chena Hot Springs
What resort was that Megan, that had the free housing with more wages?
Chena hot springs :P
how was that place i herd mix things about it and its hard to get on too
Ranches in the lower 48 and fishing lodges and a handful of other smaller employment opportunities have free room and board for the most part. If you're looking at a park with many employees that's quite different. $15/day would be not out of line in Alaska. And wages outside of parks and at 'mom and pops' are sometimes higher too.
yeah from what i hear (i am not claiming to be a expert on anything alaska) the smaller places (in alaska) also most of the time will pay a transportation bonus if you complete your contract, the ones i heard of is around $500
Yea, my last gig I got 600 at the end of season for transportation.
in 1992 i paid $50 for a large pepperoni pizza and a 12 pack of bud light in dutch harbor
OMG! did a dominoes delivery airplane bring it to you? lol

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service