Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Hi all. I had a very promising interview with a hotel on Mackinack Island three weeks ago. The interviewer was very interested and said I sounded great and to send along my references. It was very positive...he said he couldn't see anything in the way. But it's been three weeks and he hasn't contacted any references. I sent a follow-up email stating that I was looking forward to working on the island this season. I guess the next thing to do is call him. I know that he's probably got his hands full trying to secure all the employees for the season, but this will be five months of my life.

How long did you who have been hired for the summer have to wait between interview and hire? I refuse to believe I won't be hired, as it feels right and there's nothing standing in my way.

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would definatly give them a call, but i'd wait until at least Tuesday, since Mondays employers are usually quite busy. You'll get it!!! Good luck.
Thanks for the vote of confidence!!
Call them today. : )
LoL Kari, I kept thinking today was saturday all day!! Been feeling crazy lately! and yea denise if you didnt call today call them tomorrow!
Thank you all for your replies.
I keep bugging potential employers. Persistence is key in my opinion, especially whith these types of jobs

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service