Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I am still struggling with the idea of how much stuff to pack. I tend to be very simple and travel light so I'm afraid of under packing. Do you really drag all the toiletries, laundry soap etc with you?? I know it would be expensive in the park but the idea of shipping it also seems just as expensive and a waste of resources. I'm not bringing a car so its either ship ahead or purchase on arrival for me. I'm assuming that even if I don't get out of the park I will be able to find shampoe and deodorant? Some of you with more experience please give me some thoughts on this subject.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go to the post office and get a flat rate box; weight doesn't matter. Cram it full of your heavy toiletries and anything important to start off with and mail it to yourself. That way you know you are covered until you find out when the rides go to the store or meet someone to ride with. It might be too hectic with orientation, training, etc. to get that stuff right away. Make sure to toss in a pint of vodka-with a bottle of advil duct taped to it- also, it mixes with anything and a is a great ice breaker. You can barter with it too. :) And one more thing that I swear I'm gonna do every year but never do; take a carton of light smokes and a carton of menthols and sell those bad boys for $5 a pop. That will get you more votes than kissing babies. REMEMBER; JUST MAKE SURE YOUR ESSENTIALS ARE COVERED WHEN YOU FIRST GET THERE AND NEVER, EVER TYPE IN ALL CAPS.
Enjoy your summer and come see me at Lake McDonald once all of your new smoking friends buy you a car for being so awesome.
you only laugh cause you know its true brenda. peptobismol saved my life many times last season

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service