Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Hey everyone!

Fairly new to this site, spent a few hours today sending out applications to various places. Got about 12 applications out, wrote them all down, with phone numbers. Is it okay to call these places and check up after a few days so they know you've applied?

What is the best way to get a seasonal job and how did you go about it?

I'm really wanting to work in Alaska but if I get something somewhere else I will absolutely take it!

Am I applying to late? I've been applying at all the places im qualified for in the latest jobs and hiring now section.

Thanks

Views: 1793

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, DJ! I just applied to work at the Grande Denali Hotel. I saw many Aramark properties hiring in the same area but to be honest a lot of online employee reviews scared me off. I know you can only speak for one property but to me it seems like you were treated pretty fairly and would return? Any input is appreciated, thank you :)!

Some of the smaller lodges (and many dude ranches) have a position mixed with both serving and housekeeping...usually called hospitality but not always.  Would this be something you are interested in doing?  If it is, two of my favorites in Alaska have been Sheep Mountain Lodge and Alaska Wildland Adventures.  AWA has three different lodges.  Good luck.

Found out it's easy to get hired in Housekeeping. I worked at Alaska four times. West Texas. Grand Canyon North Rim. And Walt Disney World. Just keep filling out applications and choose jobs that the company hires alot of people such like in Housekeeping. Skagway, Alaska is kind of fun place. 

Katie,

There are still quite a few places hiring in Alaska!

Did you apply to the Tetons by any chance? GTLC is a great place to work for, I work at Jackson Lake Lodge and I love it. If you don't get Alaska you should definitely check out Wyoming it's absolutely beautiful. And also with a lot of the seasonal jobs they hire mid season too due to all the people getting fired or quitting. One year I started in Yellowstone in August, so if you don't get what you really want this time, it's never too late =)

I'd suggest you make calls to the places you turned in applications.  Make contact with Xanterra recruiter.

Hello, yes I have been applying for a lot of jobs in Alaska too, so far no response but everyone says they will be hiring, what is the cost to get out there from Seattle Wa, will any of these company's help you out with travel cost???, I had this problem before I gained employment in Colorado and could not get out there in a week because they would not help me with travel.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service