Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I landed a job so much quicker than I thought! Has anyone worked here before?

I'll be working at Rio Blanco Ranch..

Though I wanted to go to Alaska, Rio Blanco in Colorado seemed amazing! Could not pass it up. Just after two days and putting in about 25 apps or so, I got replies from 2 places in Alaska, 2 in Utah and 1 in Wyoming..

It was amazing! Anyone here that goes from one seasonal job to the next? I have my heart set on Alaska and want to go after my season work in Colorado.

Views: 228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats!  I have not been to Rio Blanco...but it does look very nice.  And I have worked other ranches.

This winter is my first season "off" in a long time.  From early May 2006 to mid-October 2013, I went from one seasonal gig to another.  Time off would vary from two days to fave weeks...most had a two-week vacation between jobs.  Alaska might be a difficult choice in November.  There are a few winter places, most will take people from the Alaskan summer first....they have lived a long history of lower 48 people figuring what an Alaskan winter means and bailing.

It's possible, and I'm not trying to dissuade you, just saying it might not be as easy as this summer.

happen to have the website looking for Kitchen, and Customer Service

thanks Matt 

You can go from seasonal job to seasonal job but it does take planning.  Xanterra and Aramark at one time had positions that you could slide from one season to the other.  But you had to apply for the jobs and be willing to go! as to Alaska position, ever thought about driving a bus?  You could be a driver guide next summer for sure.  HAP accepts applications beginning in November this year for driving next year.  You would be able to choose one of three places to train - Las Vegas, Salt Lake or Bellingham, WA.  Once you came back from Alaska, finding another position would be easy to including driving a school bus while you attend school.  Great breaks on your new job and good luck on your future ones too!

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service