Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Anyone been up here to give any feedback as to what the island is like, what the property is like, what the hiking is like?  I have been told it is very remote with only 17,000 visitors a year but has many hiking trails throughout the park along with an abundance of lakes and ponds. Surrounded by Lake Superior they say the canoeing is awesome, kayaking is incredible and the hiking a treat for there are no bears or cougars on the trails. 

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I worked at the Rock Harbor Lodge on Isle Royale about 9 years ago. The island is gorgeous and there are nice hiking trails. The islands surrounding I.R. Are pretty amazing as well. When I was there we could take one of the small motor boats over to Mott Island, where the Rangers live and use their red room and buy Ice creams n such. I saw the Aurora lights really clearly from the island a few times. My favorite place iny he area is "cemetery
Island" where you will find the most beautiful moss covered graves with wooden headboards. I believe it's from an old mining community? Very old. The lodge itself was a good place to work when I was there. Let me know how it is now, if you are there!

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service