Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Greetings to you all.

I notice that some job postings have a request for a seasonal professional. I take it that this means the employer wants you to have some degree of experience in the particular job, is this correct? Or will they take applications from any interested person?

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always think that phrase has been a bit overused.  It can mean a couple of different things and it might not really mean much at all.

Most likely they just are emphasizing that the applicant knows that it is a seasonal position and it requires work.  It might also mean that they have had many pass through that didn't take the hint and thought they were on a at least a semi-vacation.  For those employers it might mean that they want someone that has completed a seasonal opportunity or two or twenty.

It could also mean they were just trying to make it sound more business-like.   Writing the seasonal professional will be... instead of the man or woman will be....sounds a little more important.  But doesn't really mean much

Thanks Keith for being so helpful.

Mike

I think from Cool Works' perspective, we were thinking of jobs that require some experience.  The levels we let the employers choose from on Highlighted Jobs are as follows.

Seasonal

Year - Round

Entry Level (No Experience Required)

Pro (Previous Experience Required)

Are there phrases that would make more sense to you? We're always open to suggestions for clarity and understandability for both sides of the employment equation.

Thanks for asking, Mike!

Q

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service