Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Ok...so many of us have been waiting to hear about the Yellowstone deal.  Will Xanterra keep it?  Rumored Disney desired?  DNC?  Aramark?  Forever?  It's a big package.  The new deal is coming with a 20-year contract, but the winner is expected to soend more than $100 million dollars before 2018. (and some of that is for new employee housing in some areas.)  But the current contract with Xanterra runs through November, so I'm not expecting to see any decision until late spring/early summer.

In the meantime...Shenandoah is now run by Delaware North Companies.  They took over the beginning of this month.  The facilities were previously one of Aramark's properties.  Their season begins soon, I think it begins end of March or early April.

Two other parks that are accepting prospectus of note:  Glacier and Everglades.  Both are requiring significant expenditures too...not nearly as high as Yellowstone's though.  Everglades includes building some cabins and eco-tents at Flamingo.

Views: 1411

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really glad about this one.  They were considering closing as an option.

Contract extension for Glacier Bay

Mesa Verde National Park has scheduled a pre-visit so it will probably be up for bid in a couple of months.  Have not seen an update on Everglades yet.

Big change in Acadia.  New contract awarded to Dawnland...a subsidiary of the Ortega group (Stovepipe Wells, Volcanoes, Carlsbad...)

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/257958/2/National-Park-Service-en...

the one i found sad was glacier.  Really wish they hadn't given it to Xanterra.

Yep I find it sad too.....I worked for Xanterra once back in 2004 and had a great experience and wished that I could have stayed but I had issues in the world beyond the park that needed to be dealt with. I came back to the same position in 2008 -2009 to find that the company had done a 180 and personally, I had a less than pleasant experience. I'm hoping the best for Glacier but wish the contract had gone elsewhere.....

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2018   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service