Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I am considering working for the island house hotel on mackinac, and I would like feedback about employment there. What is work like, what are fellow employees like, are there enough things to do on the island, are there employee recreation facilities, what is life like in general? 

Thanks!!!

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kate I too am interested in working on Mackinac Island one summer. As a Michigander born and raised (though been a long time since I have lived there) I can say as far as the island I think it is amazing and would be a great way to spend the summer (only my opinion from my travel there) I know nothing of working conditions or housing there and would be curious if anyone has anything to share. I would think there would be plenty to keep you occupied and you would have a great view of the bridge. Mackinac City is pretty fun too; took my daughter one year and we stayed in the city and took a ferry to the island. It was fun to mull around there and as I recall there was a laser light show every night or every weekend, not sure which or even if they still do it but there is plenty to see there anyhow. Like many other locales for seasonal work if you don't mind being a bit remote (though Mackinac really isn't because you have Mackinac City and the UP close by, then it should work out great for you. Anyone else out there who has worked on Mackinac Island????

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service