Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

anyone worked here for summer

how did u like it

Views: 543

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Tom,  yes worked there in 2011. Great place to be. Small employee count which makes it so much better. Dorms are great. People great. Lots to do and see in area, plus free passes thru Xanterra to a lot places. Any questions I will try and answer.

do they have basketball courts?

what can i see and do

who far r dorms from food service

that is what they hired me for

janice

r u working in yellowstone

where? i worked there in 2007

Well Tom far as basketball court, not really there was a hoop when I worked there in 2011 not a court. It is small employee count there, and loved it. They have a van pick up from dorm to top of mountain, but lots of us walked up mountain to EDR entrance. So , so much around to see and do, want take long to make friends. You will get a card(did when I was there) that gives you free entrance to so many places in SD. Custer State Park, Crazy Horse, places like Sturgis, Spearfish, etc. real close. Yes , going to Yellowstone, if I get my contract back in on time, Old Faithful Inn EDR, worked EDR at Rushmore too, loved the people. What can you tell me about Yellowstone. and where are you coming from to go to Rushmore? Sweet place.

yellowstone great

old faithful busy

i worked mammoth

from massachusetts

how did u get to go to places in sd if u don't have a car?

But I do drive. there are alot people with cars, and xanterra has trips. But best to get along with someone or people with cars. Nice to have your own vehicle but seemed most people that where there and where internationals got to go and see and do alot of things. Its the want to factor, where theres a will theres a way. Great to have a car, but there is also Keystone down the Mountain and meet lots of people there too You will love it, Really.So in Yellowstone What to do With or Without Vehicle? Its just on the bucket list, so what is the must see and do list? 

i just did bus tour around park in ynp

u can do it free if there is space

try to visit each part of park

ynp is amazing

been there 4 times

been to mt rushmore twice

worked yup for 4 months

they want me 5 months as bellman which is hard job to get

roy in mount rushmore let me have 3 months and I'm doing foot service which i never did

they tell me job when i get there

roy seemed nice

Mt. Rushmore is so different, so small I worked Bryce Canyon and Grand Canyon which where Xanterra. Rushmore best for dorms as far. What ever the job people are great you want have any problems unless you are homesick or just weird. New HR people, but the place is so small , good communications. Like I said lots of internationals, made alot of friends there, and I am older, and meant alot. EDR the best, Dorms the Best. You will love it. with or without a car. Let me know how it goes. When do you start?

june 10

i loved ynp

im 42

Tom , why so late? How are you going? Are you working in Café or kitchen? Not alot but other than Gift shop. Mt. Rushmore is great thou. If you go around the curve to right going out of back entrance great view of Washington. Discounts on alot of black hills gold also. I'm now 56, and was there two years ago, and had nothing but respectful younger people I bonded with.

janice

how far is the town away from mount rushmore

can i get a 2nd job there?

Hey sorry haven't been on in few. Yea, Keystone is mile so down the mountain, and a lot of the internationals seemed to get summer jobs there in the many shops. It's small and do most of their business in summer so most likely you could. Food service could mean from back of house to front. They don't have servers since its a café, bussers, dishwashers, etc. So might want to ask and see where you would like.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service