Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I have looked at Cool Works for some time now and have been intrigued at the possibility of taking the leap of faith along with my wife and dog Buddy (Dachshund and yes, I know that limits our places of housing) as we look to first take on a summer seasonal job together hopefully in the summer of 2016. I figure the sooner I can start communicating with people the better.

My wife Joan and I are both currently 54 years old with 3 children (Our youngest is graduating college next month!). I retired with 30 years in education, the last 5 as a Middle School Assistant Principal and High School Principal. Prior to that I taught 20+ years with degrees in History, Health and Physical Education and Educational Leadership. I coached several sports during my teaching career and I enjoyed every minute of it. My wife has followed me throughout my career and has taken any job available as we have moved around several times over the years (Paraprofessional, secretary, accounting, etc.).

We will both be ready by 2016 to try seasonal work. We have narrowed our search down to the following states: Idaho, Montana, Colorado, and Wyoming. We are both open to just about anything as long as we can work similar hours.

I know that having a Dachshund will limit us our choices but we are willing to rent somewhere close to where we
are working.
I am open to any and all correspondence. I look forward to any advice and/or dialogue regarding our situation. Thanks!

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to My CoolWorks, Eddie!  You've come to the right place to get some input from our "tribe" about where are the best spots and jobs that fit what you're looking for.

Regarding Buddy, the easiest solution for housing is an RV, but there are options if you live in a town instead of the park.

Join us for chats on Monday nights at 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific to meet some other folks too who also have questions. :)

Q

Thanks!!

Eddie,

Welcome to the Cool Works Family! This is the best place to get advice, network and obtain a great seasonal job in an amazing location! Join us for the Monday chats at the times Q aka Kari listed!

Sincerely,

Leo

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service