Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I got a job working at the Old Faithful Inn for Summer 2014. I was wondering if anyone knew what the dorms are like and what we should bring and what we shouldn't bring. I will be driving up there so i have room to bring stuff. So if anyone has any information or feedback I'd love to hear it!

Views: 1215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there Emilia,

I have never stayed in the Old Faithful dorms, but I have seen dorms at other locations (Mammoth and Canyon). I've never stayed in one, because I work at Roosevelt Lodge, where we all live in cabins. The dorms are SMALL, so try not to over-pack. I see people every year bringing way too much clothing and personal items like computers, televisions, decor from home, etc. The best advice I can give you is to keep it simple. If you don't think you'll need it, don't bring it.

We have six dorms at old faithful each with its own personality. Laurel is mostly first year Inn employees, has community bathrooms and 2 or 3 ppl to a rm. Itnis an older building but is great for meeting people as there is alot of activity. Bitterroot is quiter, upstairs is shared bath between 2 rms and downstairs is private baths. Obsidian is 24hr quiet and is typically an older crowd, its set up like bitterroot. Columbine is similar to laurel and usually lodge employees. Lupine is mostly snowlodge with a mix of first years and returners, there is alot of activity at lupine and it can be kind of loud at time. Larkspur is 24hr quiet and mainly returners and managers though not impossible it is difficult for first years to get into larkspur. Most rms are about 10x12 with at least 2 ppl. some must haves are: fan, camping/hiking gear, clothes for all seasons that can be layered.

Hi, I will out there too. I will working EDR Old Faithful Inn. I also asked about dorms. Seems most are the same. I just like a roommate I get along with, sometimes it's hard. I like being alone, love the quiet, so it's always hard for me. Most dorms are the same size, I have learned not to bring way more than needed, only been seasonal 4 times, but learned what and what not to bring or needed. I've trying to get Yellowstone for awhile now, and believe you me I'm not going to let dorms distract me. I Can Not Wait. The 2000 mile drive will be worth it.

thanks all so much! its very helpful!

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service