Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Ok so now I have 4 offers for full time employment so I am trying to get any opinions or input about any of these places.Al these places are wanting a decision fairly quickly so any information is appreciated.

1 Sun Valley Resort in Sun Valley Idaho

2 Stovepipe Wells in Death Valley

3 Furnace Creek Resort in Death Valley

4. Winter Park Mt Lodge in Winter Park Colorado

Views: 317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eva,

Do you have the option of being a bartender at each location? If not, what job offers do you have at each location? Knowing this will help me give my best advice on which location and job you should choose. Congrats on having 4 full-time / year round job offers!

Sincerely,

Leo

So down in Furnace Creek it would be front desk supervisor but at Sun Valley it is a bartender with furnace creek and Winter park being waitstaff. Any input is greatly appreciated

If I am not mistaking, Furnace Creek is run by Xanterra so that job would leave you with the worst company and making the least money. The bar tending and waitstaff jobs are better lay but depending on the management could have a positive or negative impact on you as waitstaff. I would say go with the bartender job but only if you enjoy being a bartender ok? I am sure you will enjoy which ever job you choose! That is my two cents.

Thank you! Thats what my gut was telling me. I personally got to speak with the manager of the bar @ Sun Valley who I would be reporting to and we had a great rapport so I think that is where I belong. I was only considering Xanterra cause it is a management role

I know a young lady who will be a F&B manager for Xanterra at Death Valley. She is on my Facebook page on my friends list. Send me an IM and I will give you her name so you can ask her about the property ok?
Hi! Sounds like you've probably already decided but if you still want to learn more about Winter Park Mountain Lodge let me know; I bartended there for the 2011-2012 season.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service