Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

please send me some good vibes/wish me good luck!!! (Signal Mountain Lodge)

Hi to all out there. I applied a few weeks ago for a summer server position with Signal Mountain Lodge based on the good comments I have read about it here and on the scenery there and the fact that I have never been to that part of the West before. Someone at Signal Mountain Lodge called all three of my personal references a couple of days ago and two of my references have called back and said nice things about me so I am hoping for the best, either a phone interview now or a job offer via email or phone. Please send out some good vibes/wish me good luck on this as I would like to experience this place!!! Especially with the good reputation it seems to have here on coolworks. 40Rob Grand Canyon, Arizona

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

when i work there before they call me the next day i didnt have to do all that what u went though
Best of luck. Signal Mountain Lodge is definitely somewhere that I want to work someday as well.
I wish you the best of luck Rob. From what I have heard it's a great place and it's absloutly beautiful there.
I too have gotten all of my references called and was wondering what happened with you?
I don't know about 40Rob, but they called my references about a month ago and never got back with me. I didn't really worry about it too much since I already had a job at the Grand Canyon North Rim. I would send HR an email or give them a call to let them know you are still very interested.
Same here, Andrea. I am also not too worried as I have a job right now on the Grand Canyon South Rim - I just want to see a new part of the country and Signal Mountain Lodge has such a good reputation on coolworks here, I wanted to experience a place with such a good rep. I don't know but my guess is maybe they got spooked about the economy and cut back on their hiring for the summer season, plus maybe a lot more employees from previous seasons are returning too, who knows??? Definately I will be in touch with HR to let them know I am still interested, we'll see what happens. Good luck with your summer at the North Rim! 40Rob
Thanks. I kind of wondered if they were having a lot of returning employees as well. I think I have read that they have a high percentage of returning employees. I just think it was kind of odd for them to put all of that effort into contacting people's references/previous employers and then not at least interview them. Oh well, I still want to work there someday. I hope you have a great summer, 40Rob.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service