Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

ROAD TRIP --- Montana, Idaho and Wyoming -- Need help finding the best places to visit!

Were headed on a road trip in February starting in western ND and headed straight west to Butte, MT, then over to Salmon, ID, down thru Stanley, Sun Valley, then to Jackson Hole area. 

I have been doing a lot of research to find places to hike, snowshoe, alpine and xc ski, sightsee, hot springs, wildlife, etc.  I found a lot of good stuff, but would like to hear from the locals or people that have traveled these areas, to find the best spots to visit. 

If you have any information I would love to hear from you!

Thank you!

Views: 628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

See if the Lawrence Rockefeller Preserve is open that early in the Jackson Hole area.   This is a phenomenal addition to Grand Teton National Park that I am positive you would enjoy if it opens that soon.   Also, if you like dancing, go to the Million Dollar Bar in Jackson WY on a Saturday night ... YeeeeHaaaw!  

Lots of great skiing in Bozeman. Bridger Bowl for alpine and Bohart Ranch, just a couple miles from Bridger Bowl, for nordic. Then you can soak at Bozeman Hot springs. Also a great Coop with healthy organic food and good coffee and organic smoothies.

If you have time for it visit Red Lodge MT.  It's a little out of the way, but is beautiful.  Red Lodge Ski Mountain currently has the best snow in the rockies!  The Beartooth Mountains (right outside of RL) provide some fantastic snowshoeing trails.  While your their stop off at Red Lodge Ales great brews!

Thanks for the info.  We have been to Red Lodge quite a bit, were only 4.5 hours from there so we usually make a few weekend trips there in the summer and winter.  We went skiing there early December and they had more snow than average, but they day after we left they got 22 inches...I was pretty disappointed.  We'll be headed back there soon enough!  Love the brewery as well!  Thought it would be fun to adventure outside of the state and check out some other ski resorts.  Thanks again and take care!

taking U.S. 30 out of Wyoming into Idaho, just before Mc Cammon Idaho is a small lodge/resort with hot springs. I don't know the name of it, nor have I stopped there but have seen it from the road. If your on U.S. 30 ya can't miss it, especialy in the winter due to all of the steam. have fun, the scenery on U.S.30 is something in itself!

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2018   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service