Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Hey Everyone!

So my plans have changed a bit, and I am considering moving down to Asheville, NC for the winter and maybe for longer if I really love it. The drive is about 18 hours and I will be doing the drive early January of 09. I am a bit nervous because I have not driven more than 4 hours by myself and its going to be during the winter. Does anyone have any advice for me or have previous experience doing this kind of a trip? Any comforting notes would be appreciated too!

Thanks!
Erica

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i am from asheville and your gonna love it there but you shoulda went in the summer time cause it's pretty dead in the winter. my girlfriend and i drove a few months ago from florida to california. that was quite a long haul. n e ways, she is from nh and moved to asheville a number of years ago. just make sure you get a lot of rest before your trip. don't stay up all nite with your friends for a going away party. hold that party two days before you leave then rest up before you get in the car. good luck and if you ever wanna know anything about asheville give me a holler. i know everybody there. -josh-
Hey Josh! Thats great!
I just went to visit a friend in Asheville last week and I love it there! I went to a drum circle, saw some bands, explored some of the coffee shops, restaurants and galleries. There is a lot to do there! I can only imagine how much better it must be in the summer! I need to get out of NH so my best bet is Asheville. I have found some job opportunities that I am working on and will search for more possibilities once I am there. I will definitely keep in contact with you!

Thanks again!
Erica
Just take it easy. It doesn't have to be done all in one day. I have driven all over and find that I actually enjoy it, especially when I take the scenic side roads. However, if you are driving in the winter the main roads are the ones kept clear. Bring a blanket for a quick nap if you get tired.
Let me know how Ashville is; it is a spot I haven't visited and one that I would like to. If you need work, bear in mind that during the slow season the temporary agencies can put you to work while you look for your full-time position. The work may not be the greatest, but it will bring home a paycheck.
Cheers and good luck on the new life/place to live. :0)

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service