Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Hey guys! To start off, my name is Matt, and I love Coolworks! This website helped me discover some of the coolest jobs I've ever had. In the past two years I've had the privilege of working at the Swiftcurrent Motor Inn located in Glacier, and Roosevelt Lodge in Yellowstone. 

I love these two lodges dearly for the rustic experience they offer, the prime locations they are in, and most of all, the sense of community I felt at both. Larger lodges that have hundreds of employees tend to get cliquey, which I suppose is unavoidable. Roosevelt and Swiftcurrent both hire approx. 100 employees or less per season. I love this, because everyone gets to know everyone else, and a sort of "family" vibe is created that grows throughout the course of the season. To me, this sense of community is an integral part of the seasonal job experience.

So my question stands, do any of you fine men and women have suggestions for me? I'm looking for work for the 2016 Spring/Summer season. Interested in Alaska or anywhere in the western United States. I'd prefer somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, but I'd also love something in the desert or the coast. I have supervisory guest service experience, but would also be very interested in server positions.

Thanks in advance!

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Look into the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge. It's a very small town in AK. I've had.great experiences there and I'll be returning for the 2016 summer season.

Hey Matt - Glad to hear of your cool jobs! You might want to look at the jobs on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State or in the North Cascades.  Alaska has so many options!  I'm not sure where to begin.

Kari

hi there

worked few times in West Yellowstone find seasonal work outside of the parks

any work may have lined up or know of kitchen or customer Service thanks

Pahaska Tepee at the east entrance of Yellowstone is pretty cool and a small crowd of people that work there and everyone is cool with each other and not much drama.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service