Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Hey, I know it's a little early to start looking for a job NEXT summer, but I want to see if I have any chances... I live in Alaska and have been working since i was 13 in a lodge, so I'm familiar with hotel type business (cleaning, dishes, waitressing, other little jobs) and I was wondering if anyone knew a place that would hire a 17 year old for next summer. I'm hoping for something out of state. Thanks!

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thats going to be an rough one cause mainly u have to be 18 to live in employee housing but if u live in the same town as the resort that shouldnt be an problem
18 to live in housing at national parks because of liability. the employers to be able to hire a 17 yo would have to have babysitters and they don't want to do that. the liability just doesn't make it worth it. but if you could find something like reggie was talking about that would be ok
Can my 17 yr old brother get a job with housing if we travel together? Im 19

Danielle,

I started looking for my summer job for this summer (2014), during September of last fall (2013). I was hired in October. I also applied for my summer job in 2013 in the fall of 2012 and had my job offer by October. I worked in Alaska this summer for Denali ATV in Alaska. Start sending applications in for Alaska and other locations now.

Sincerely,

Leo

Danielle,

I met a 17 year old girl who worked for Xanterra in 2013. She lived with her parents in Gardiner, Montana and worked at Mammouth. You won't be able to live in most company dorms unless you get a job as a nanny at a resorts or get a job working at a youth camp (which you would have a variety of positions to apply for). I hope this helps. Have a great day. Good luck with the job search.

Sincerely,

Leo

Hi! I think it's way, way harder to find this type of work with employee housing if you're under eighteen, but it is possible. I worked at a dude ranch in Colorado several years ago where there was a high school girl who worked there and she did live onsite (but separate from the rest of us). That ranch is no longer operating but I think she did get one or two offers at other ranches, so if you're interested in working at a dude ranch you should give that a shot. I think one of the other ranches she talked to was Sundance Trail so you might want to try applying at that one. I think you'll have better luck at small places than at big corporate ones. Good luck!

Most places require you to be at least 18 to live in housing so finding a job may be difficult.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service