Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Thoughts On Working At McKinley Wilderness Princess Lodge

Does anyone have any opinions on working at the McKinley Wilderness Princess Lodge? I am thinking of applying there as a server for summer 2014. Just wondering what the overall experience is like, and whether a person can make decent money waiting tables there.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Views: 1033

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, Aramark still has the McKinley Lodge down the road, of course they have the park, WAC, the buses, Morino Grill, I believe they will still have rafting down the hill from the Chalets and I heard they are going to turn another property into a steak house sort of place,

Wont be there this year and oh my.. will I miss eating at the 229 Restaurant. What a break from cafeteria food. And yes, The Black Bear favorite..... banana bread and my fav drink Funky Monkey.

One good thing that will go away because of the transition is, if you didn't like the food at employee  Parkside  cafeteria you could always go over to the Chalet emp. cafeteria and eat.

HAP-Alaska-Yukon did purchase the McKinley Chalets. The name is being changed to Denali Westmark. The new GM is Tracy Smith. Great lady I might add and brings to the table a wealth of experience and enthusiasm. She was GM at Mt. McKinley Princess Lodge in 2012 and 2013. I feel it will be a great opportunity for anyone wanting an Alaska experience. If you hired on for that location. You would be starting on the ground floor. If your thoughts were for advancement opportunities. This would be the one in my opinion.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service