Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I am curious What I should expect during a 40 minute phone interview. Is it just like a regular interview for the most part only over the phone, or is there certain aspects of it that are way different?

Views: 275

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow thats funny that you post this tonight - i had a 40 min. phone interview today. but the place I had my interview with actually emailed me all the questions i'd be asked the day before, therefore giving me time to prepare and not do the dreaded "uhhhhh, hmmmmm... yea...... ummmmm". Who is your phone interview with and how do you know it'll be 40 min?
just be your self and ask alot of questions
I had a phone interview today but it wasn't 40mins. It's basically the same as an interview that's done in person but the interviewee can't read your body language.
Phone interviews are a tough thing to get used to. Because you cant display body language and you cant make an impression with what you wear. You have to focus on letting your future employer hear the excitement over the phone. Be ready for questions about why you want to work there, what you can do for the company, and ALWAYS have questions ready for them. Dont ask a million questions but asking a few shows that you've been thinking about the job before the interview. And last but certainly not least, just remember to be yourself and have your cell phone charged lol!
What questions should I ask for my upcoming interview at Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge??
I just a mini phone interview with Chipewa Hotel on mackinac island :)
im supposed to have another one next week! I was just myself and answered the questions the best i could.. and did a ton of research on the property!
Everything that Erin said is great to ask, just make sure to do your homework on the place before hand. You don't want to ask a million questions that can easily be answered on thei website. Remember since they can't meet you face to face they have to get a sense of your personality over the phone.....so be your self. Don't stress out over phone interviews because who knows you might be talking to your next friend on the road! Good Luck

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service