Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

hi everyone....just finished up a season working in Juneau, AK for Holland America Princess Alaska as a Driver Guide and now thinking of going to Michigan to work on Mackinac Island. Has anyone worked at the Island House or Hotel Iroquois before? What was your experience and which hotel do you recommend working at? They both look fantastic but not sure if one is better than the other. T hanks for your responses! And feel free to ask away about my experiences in Alaska.

Views: 403

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello. This is Larry Razek. Never worked at the two. But I have worked at several other places on the island. It truly is a "Party" Haven for the addicted employee lol. Were you thinking now or next season? Better get your ap and resume turned in early though. Jobs go quick. I worked at Grand Hotel and Mission Point resort...... Hope this helps.....Larry
Thanks Larry! I'm thinking of next May-Oct. and I would be open to the Grand Hotel as well. I've heard great things about both the Grand Hotel and the Hotel Iriquois...which one would you recommend? I've talked with Ryan at the Island House and he's accepting apps in December. Thanks so much for your input.

Elise-

I know your post is dated but was hoping if you could give me some feedback if you did end up working on Mackinac Island. I had a post about working up there as one of the horse carts as a host but never receive a response. Just wondering what  the general atmosphere was like, housing, expenses etc. Seems really strange to be responding to a post so old but never know.

Thanks, Mike

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2018   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service