Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

My boyfriend and I are planning on heading up to either Seward or Denali to work the 2009 summer season. I want Denali, he wants Seward. Can you write to me if you’ve worked in either of these places and give us advice? We’re both waiters. I also work in hotels in Vegas in the Convention department so I have experience in admin and working with convention/meeting clientele. Both of us drive, both of us love to hike and take photos and love wildlife. What are the best areas to work to make money? Where is the best place to live? Who has good employee housing – who has crap employee housing? Is it better to rent an apartment for the season? Do you recommend taking a car if so do you recommend driving or taking the ferry system from Washington.
We want to make good money and as neither of us have ever been to Alaska – we have a lot of questions. What can we expect to make – money wise?
Once we’re there what will we need to bring with us? I know some employee housing and cabins don’t have showers or kitchens.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Views: 457

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey i dont know if u saw me there i was working in laundry some i didnt see happen but i do know people that been there for 6 seasons as far as nick i dont want to go there i didnt care about him that much to cause he lied to me about some things he wont be back anyway what i herd was that he going to be an gm at another lodge
heck yah i remember you reggie i gave you a ride down the hill one day in my truck i think you might know my girlfriend sarah,how are you doin?
yeah i know her good plan on going back up there in the summer hows things going on with u
obviously you are not to informed about who you choose to work for,find the information for yourself about the so called "violations" aramark already has,afterwards you can decide for yourself.As to your claim that your wife was a nurse,thats possible,but i never stated a nurse tested positive,and your wife was not a nurse there for the 2009 season because aramark did not have nurses on staff due to budget issues,,,,,want to know more?

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service