Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Favorite Professional/Famous Photographers, Your Inspirations?

Some of mine are:
-Michael Fatali AMAZING photographer!
-Tom Till
-Marc Muench
-Ansel Adams :)

Fantastic nature photogs. Someday I'd love to own a photograph from each one of them! Michael gets unusually-vivid colors in his; he's used Cibachrome film. I'm not expert enough to understand all the ins and outs of film but I know what I like visually. he also gets out to really remote places, particularly in the Southwest, so it's not the same-old, same-old scenes and angles all the tourists get.

Tom Till and Marc Muench both find new angles and/or wait long enough to get unusual lighting (great tricks for photographers!) sometimes new places, sometimes familiar ones...

Of course the fact that they all shoot with expensive, top-notch equipment is a HUGE part of how they can translate their creative eye into a great photograph.
I just try to take inspiration from what they do to make my own photography better.... though I think the market now is so crowded, I wonder how anyone but guys like this can manage to sell their photography :D ;)

Someday I'd love to be able to sell my photographs :) It's one of my top dreams.

How about you?

Views: 15

Replies to This Discussion

www.fatali.com is Michael's site. He's got amazing photographs!!!!
Sam Abell, retired National Geographic photographer, whom I've now met twice. He is a dear man and an excellent teacher / photographer. I wrote a blog post about my conversation with him on my photography website. I was on cloud 9.

Ansel Adams

Peter Kearns, a friend of mine, who I met while taking a photography certificate program.

I'll add more names as I think of them. There are so many wonderful photographers out there. For the record, I don't necessarily believe you need the most amazing equipment to make a great photograph. It's what you do with it instead that matters. If you don't have the skills, the most expensive camera won't matter at all.
Very true~ Someday my goal is to obtain the camera and lens(es) that will allow me the increase in creative control over what I'm seeing, to get the kinds of photos where the tricky lighting, the wide lattitude in exposure range, metering challenges, etc, can be better achieved. Astrophotography is a someday-dream of mine as well. Plus star-trail photos. The more I learn about photography, the more I enjoy it.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service