Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Well I finally finished packing all my stuff for the summer, and just thought I would put part of my list up on here in case anyone wanted to read it for ideas and to make sure you don't forget anything..

Hiking boots
tennis shoes
teva sandals
SHOWER SHOES!!!
flip-flops
gators
socks
wool socks
sock liners
jeans
nice pants
shorts
swinm trunk
sleep pants
underthings
tshirts
hoodies
sweaters
dress shirt
blazer
tie
belt
Gore-tex rain coat
Gore-tex rain pants
Fleece liner for rain coat
light packable jacket
wool hat
neoprene gloves
reg. gloves
baseball hat
croakies for my glasses
first aid-kit
leatherman
sundries
shower bag
towels
blanket
flashlight
headlamp
DEET 100%
chapstick
sunscreen
qtips
travel roll of TP
kleenex
backpack
waterproof bag
camelback for backpack
knife
compass
topo maps of area
alaska guide
laptop & charger
camera
sd cards
batteries
fold up mesh laundry hamper
ALARM CLOCK w/ battery back-up
ipod & charger
Book for flight

Those are the main things. Hope this is helpful, good luck!

Brian

Views: 88

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, that helps a lot. I just went shopping this weekend and got a whole bunch of winter clothes (which were ALL on sale, so it was super cheap). I've lived in Florida my whole life so I don't own anything warm. Although it won't be that cold when we are there, it will be really cold for me. I just saw snow for the first time a few months ago.
I also can't decide if I should bring anything nice to wear. I know Cooper's Landing is a quaint town, so I don't know if I'll ever need to wear anything nice. What's your take on that?
Yeah i found a ton of winter stuff super, super cheap, as it is still gonna be cold when i leave next week. Calling for snow on thursday when i get there! I always pack one or two nice sets of clothes. You never know what is going to happen, your boss might want to take a group out for a nice dinner as a reward for doing a good job, or you might meet someone special and want to go out on a nice date. And since we will have 2 consecutive days off in a row, that will give good opportunity to visit other parts of Alaska, and I know I plan on taking a few trips on the Alaska Railroad in the nicer cars, so I will want to look a little nicer than just jeans and a t-shirt. I would think that being a woman a nice dress or two would be a good addition and wouldn't take up much room in your bag.
Bob didn't tell me this, but since the restaurant is open 24 hrs, are our shifts going to be real crazy?

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service