Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

I'll be heading up to Alaska for the summer, and leaving behind some of the best climbing areas in the world (Donner Summit, Tuolumne Meadows/Yosemite....I'm going to miss all that wonderful granite!). I'll be missing out on a great climbing season here, but I think I can make up for it in Alaska. Anyhow, just trying to see if there is anyone in the Kenai Peninsula area (primarily around Cooper Landing/Moose Pass) that is interested in climbing this summer? I know there are a bunch of places along Seward Highway...looking for anyone who is interested, no experience needed, just a harness and shoes! I've got the rest of the gear:) If there is anybody who has climbed in the area that could offer some information that would be great too!

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Nicholle! I'm definitely interested in climbing this summer. I'll be working at Gwin's Lodge in Cooper Landing, where will you be?
Hey Kimberly! I will be at Summit Lake Lodge...it's about 20 miles from Gwin's. Anyhow, I've been talking to Brian who is also working at Gwin's, and he has done some climbing as well....like I said, only shoes and harness required...I'm bringing everything else! There seem to be a lot of awesome climbing along the road cuts of Seward Highway. We'll have to get in touch when we get up there. I start work on May 20. Can't wait!
Nice! I've been chatting with Brian too...it sounds like we're gonna have a great time. I'll be there by May 24th or so (not completely sure, I'm driving up, leaving MN May 15th). I'll bring my harness/shoes/etc. -- I'm excited!

RSS

© 2017   Created by Cool Works tm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service