Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

Who's coming back and who is new, what position where you hired for?

Views: 239

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Connie!  I tried but got turned down for a couple of jobs at MPL.  I'll be working up the road at Denali National Park ... look for me in the visitors center :-)   I'll be driving down to MPL to visit everyone there also.  See you in Alaska!  Ranger Rich

Rich-I am sure I will make my way up there through out the summer.  I will make sure to look you up.

Hello!
This will be my first time up to Alaska and I'll be working front desk for the season.

Welcome Brenna,  I will be the supervisor at the front desk.  If you have any question ask away, I am here to help, there is never a dump question.

Why would she have a dump question. The lodge has dumpsters..... I never heard any questions concerning the dump or the dumpsters.

Thanks! I can't wait to get up there! Any tips/personal experience that might be helpful for a first timer?

You will be working 6 days a week, so you don't need a lot of extra clothes besides what you need for your uniform. I did only one load a week. A raincoat and umbrella are a must.  Unless you plan on having a very active life outside of 6 days a week 8 plus hours a day.  You really don't have a lot of extra space. I added extra space by purchasing a hanging shoe rack it gave me more cubies to stuff things in.  Get your walking shoes on, you will do a lot of walking.  MPL is a lot of fun, even just at work.  We will have strong front desk year, we are a fun group.   I am looking forward to meeting all the new ones. See you soon.

MPL 2013  I am returning as payroll clerk and HR assistant.  2nd year and looking forward to seeing friends from 2012 and meeting new friends in 2013.  Planning on more day adventures to visit other areas in AK.  Now the weather has to cooperate!!

RSS

© 2017   Created by Cool Works tm.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service