Thanks for being here! The six of us at CoolWorks welcome you and wish you success in finding your Jobs in Great Places®!

This group has been dead for a while so I thought I would pick activity back up. What are people's plans for their RV this coming Summer? I have been looking at working at Signal Mountain and Glacier Park this Summer and staying in my RV.

Views: 111

Replies to This Discussion

I'm hoping to buy an RV this spring/summer, and hope to transition into camp ground hosting, at least try it, any tips would be much appreciated.

What kind of RV are you looking to buy?

I have a geo, so basically, I think a class A or C would be best, mostly it will be parked on location, not driven much. I know gas is going to shock me, but I need a "home".

I've never even driven one, though. I've driven a van pulling a trailer, but sense I'm have so much trouble backing them up, I figured a unit would be better.

any tips would really help

I have driven Class A motorhomes and they are not as hard to drive as you might think. Just remember to pay attention, it takes a longer distance for them to stop and when turning you need to swing wider than you would with a car.

I've heard people say class A are better cause they're diesel and are stronger cause they're built like trucks, I guess I want as much space as possible without it getting out of control...

so, bottom line, drive a few before making up my mind? It blows me away that I'd be allowed to even take one of those monsters out on the road with a regular licence!

Yes, I would test drive a few to make sure your comfortable with it. I will warn you not to let the RV salesman pressure you into buying something you don't want. My first time looking at an RV I had hardly shut the RV off before the salesman said "lets go inside and talk a deal."

what do you think about buying something off craigslist?

would you trust the owner or take it to a shop first before plopping down cash?

I wouldn't put any cash down before looking at it. If you have a friend who is a mechanic I would bring them along to look at it so your not buying a RV about to die.

Thanks, Coly, I book marked the link you sent me, looks like a great site

Great to see this group. I have been RVing since 2006 but went full-time in 2011 after selling my house. Been seasonal work since 2008 and love each location I have been too.
Going to Glacier NP this season and it seems Xanterra has purchased one of the campgrounds for employees. Looks OK online just hope water & electric are good. Hate low voltage (MtRainier worst).
Look forward to hearing more from other RV'ers.

RSS

A social network for those who want to compare and share their work and life experiences in great places.

CoolWorks Links

CoolWorks Journals

Real People, Real Stories

Get inspired by the CoolWorks Journals.

Have a story to tell? We'd love to hear about it and perhaps feature it on the blog.

Email feedback@coolworks.com to get started.

CoolWorks Gear

CoolWorks Kids come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, and creeds. There’s one thing that unifies us all together – we’ve made the decision to buck the norm, to live for now, and pursue a lifestyle full of experience and adventures.

Now you can find your tribe and make yourself known with our Made in the USA CoolWorks gear! You’ll know just which kindred spirit to saddle up next to at the Brewpub for some great stories.

Visit the CoolWorks Mercantile!

© 2019   Created by CoolWorks®.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service